The purpose of the Lakehills Area Library is to make freely available to the citizens of the community printed and other materials, which will aid them in the pursuit of education, information and recreation. The library seeks to promote programs which will stimulate and expand the reading interest of both children and adults, and coordinate this work with that of other educational, cultural and social groups of the community.
Library Director, Dianna Landes. Dianna has been with Lakehills Library since 2012. She is here to help you with program planning, library use, and making sure your library experience is the best that it can be. Dianna is a notary and her services are available (for a small fee) anytime she is in the building. Please contact her with any questions.
Librarian, Melissa Brambila. Melissa has been with the library since 2013. She can help you find the books, audio books, or movies you are looking for. She is also here to help you to use your mobile devices to download books or print documents. If you need help with something on the library computer, please come to the front desk and Melissa will be happy to help you out.
Librarian, Nikki Polk. Nikki has been with the library since 2017. She is here to help you find the books you are looking for, and being an avid reader, she can recommend books you may enjoy. She is also here to help you with using the library computers, making copies, faxing, or other library services.
Lakehills Area Library Board Members
- President: Barbara Hover
- Vice President: Alicia Bickle
- Treasurer: Ellen Johnston
- Secretary: Deborah Reile
- Sue Caldwell
- Laura Crist
- Eric Hall
- Estella Hicks
- Barbara Rodriguez
- Andy Uresti
- Lauren Walthour
- Lila Ward
What We Offer the Community
- Adult fiction, non-fiction and biography books
- Children’s picture books and early reader materials
- Junior fiction books for young readers
- Junior non-fiction and biography
- Young adult fiction for more mature readers
- Graphic Novels and Manga for all ages
- Large print books
- New Arrivals
- Books in Spanish Language for all ages
- Audio books
- 1,000’s of free downloadable ebooks, audiobooks, and videos
- Language learning materials in English, Spanish, Sign Language, and German
- Video games for a variety of systems
- Take home learning or entertainment kits
- Study materials for Citizenship
- GED, ACT, and other test study materials
- Book bags
- Used books for sale
- Spaces to study, work with others, test, or just relax. Wifi and charging spaces are always available. Outdoor seating is available even when the library is closed.
- Children’s AWE Learning computers and tablets for in library use only
- Sound blocking headphones for library use only
- Office services (faxing, copies, scanning, notary) for a small fee
- Microsoft office available on all of our public use computers
- Video game console updates using our high speed internet connection, just bring in your console and hook up to the television in the meeting room. (only available when the room is not in use)
- Assistance using the internet, computer applications, email, printing, and ereaders. Ask a librarian any time for assistance.
- Check our calendar for fun and educational programs for all ages